Friday, November 28, 2008

We are going to the Zoo Zoo Zoo...

I especially took leave in order to spend some time with my baby. Decided to go to the zoo on Friday. It's been about 15 years since I last went to the zoo. I'm sure I'm in for a ride.
I recommend the zoo to all couples out there who are complaining that there is nothing to do in Singapore. Well, there is the zoo! It's only $18 per person for a "wild" time.The only memory I had of the zoo when I was young, were the parrots at the entrance. Hey... still there!There are too many animals to blog about, I'm just going to post some of funnier pictures. See if you can guess which animal is in the background!Erm... cockroach? I thought they were trying too hard to incorporate Singapore's history into the zoo. Talked about what pesky animals we encountered in Singapore's younger days.Besides animals, there were many little huts which we can learn more about the animals, like where are they from, what do they eat, how big is their foot, etc etc...What's my favorite animal? It has to be the polar bear... because 1) good looks 2) powerful 3) cool. Not unlike me.Of course, what's the zoo without their shows? Watched the "land" show and the "sea" show. Did have some flash backs at this point. There was even a boat ride in Upper Seletar Reservoir where we caught some eagles and kingfishers. I recommend the zoo to all Singaporeans. If you have not been to the zoo within the last 10 years, you'll be amazed at what it has to offer.
Answers : White Tiger, Lama, Giraffe, Some Monkey, Some Tortoise, Baboon, Emu, Ostrich, Kangaroo, Cockroach.

No comments: