Friday, June 5, 2009

Another hawker surprise

After encountering the vegetarian sambal fried rice, I had another culinary adventure, or should i say misadventure.

I was suppering with Joyce at Chomp chomp the other night. We ordered white fried carrot cake.

When the carrot cake arrived, it was extremely oily and with little or no egg. I mean the egg is like half an egg. It was more like fried white turnip only.

Not being one who complains, I just ate it, only to find some surprising finds in my carrot cake... ... ...

A chunk of Otah.

I kid you not. I was like ??? How come got Otah in my fried carrot cake?! If I wanted otah wouldn't I order otah? Was it a new cooking style? Was it because the hawker didn't like my face? Why otah?!

My conclusion is that the stall was selling otah as well. So it was probably an accident.

Maybe next time I would find a chicken drum in my bak chor mee.

A chunk of Otah! gosh.

1 comment:

bittersweetjoy said...

It isn't an accident. Mine had otah too! DUH. It's otah carrot cake.