Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heeeeee Yarrr!!!

One of my colleague(WeiHowe) actually complained that I've not been regular in posting my blog. So now here it is. Are you happy now?! haha...

After Tuesday's meeting, we had a special kick boxing class catered for all the leaders. We had plenty of fun. I literally had flash backs of my taekwando days. Yup. I am a yellow belt green tip. I can hear all of you say "chey" right now... haha... but still. Don't mess with me!

We started with some stretching exercises...
Then the instructor taught us the basics, like foward left punch, foward right punch, left hook, right hook, left uppercut, right uppercut, foward kick, slamming kick, turning kick, roundhouse kick and turning back hook kick (like Neo in the Matrix, when he kicked Agent Smith's sunglasses)
Faji kicked so fast, everything was a blur... haha...
Even Shannon kicked really hard... haha...
After which, the instructor actually taught us a few combos, you know, those combos you see when you play King of Fighters or Marvel vs Capcom, pple of my generation should know. I have to say, I felt quite powerful. Like Ryu. In fact, every time the instructor shouted uppercut, the guys shouted back, "Shoryuken!"
Team 2! KungFu....! Yup, I was trying to do a round house. I did it, just that this was the landing part...
Elder even tried a Wong Fei Hong, "Wu Ying Jiao" (No Shadow Kick) with the help of HonYu...
That's not all, the instructor also had a few special defense moves for the ladies in case they meet with attackers, quite interesting
Of course, when it came to my turn, she just punched me.

Now all I have to do is to find someone to teach me "Hadoken"

No comments: