Monday, April 13, 2009

Home Alone

My family flew to Taiwan for a short holiday this week.

I'll be kind of home alone with my granny. Good oppurtunity to spend quality time with her. She's one of those kind old grandma's who greets you when you go to work in the morning.

Because she'll be home alone, she complains of boredom. So I taught her how to play her favorite "Huang Zhu Ge Ge" VCD. She learnt very quickly. "Eh, poh, ni yao an ze ge TRIANGLE (play button) de an niu"

Somehow her brain can recall things that happened many many years ago. She would be able to tell me how I were when I was a baby in exactly the same sequence every time.

She's healthy enough to cook, iron, watch tv, mop the floor. If I would to volunteer to help, she would chase me away. I have to INSIST in order to eventually pry that mop from her fingers. She's a real fighter, she doesn't give in easily.

Because I'm working the whole day, I try to rush home every night to check she's okay.

And to pry that mop away from her fingers.

No comments: