Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Money Money Money

Met up with Karen the other day talking about my finances, I realised I have to really find out where my money goes to every month. Because I had no clear idea. My rough idea is so rough.

Because of this, I've been faithfully keying in every expenditure for the last 3 weeks. I have to tell you, that the bulk of my money goes to birthdays, weddings, red packets and taxis so far. Maybe I should make less friends... (kidding!)

Anyway, I'm making a conscious effort to save especially on travel, and food. The good thing about my company is that I can eat a simple vegetable rice meal for about $2.10. That means $10.50 for one week of weekday lunches. (Oh What savings!)

The challenge is to save vigorously and at the same time be a generous person. What's the point in saving religously and turn into a scrooge. Maybe I can be selectively generous... hmm...

Haha...

No comments: