Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fatherhood

It's been some time since my last post. Honestly, I have hardly time to sleep, let alone blog. :)

Joash is growing big and heavy. At 2.5 months he's 7.9kg, 97th percentile for his age. I think must be all the formula he's drinking.

Life is now adjusting for me. Major events clashed together last year. With Joash just out from the womb, I was already out and running busy settling the renovation of our new home. Yes. It's at punggol. Yes. it's far. Yes. it's ulu. But it's home.

In the past, Joyce and myself could go out on dates, watch movie, eat a nice dinner, go meet our friends etc. Right now, we have to consider Joash. Where should we put him? What time should we pick him up? What time was his last feed? If we decide to bring him out then, have we brought his milk powder? Have we brought extra diapers? Have we brought change of clothes?

I guess it's all part of being a parent. In fact I have a new simile. As busy as a parent. As tired as a parent. Or as poor as a parent. Ha.

But after all the sleepless nights, and night feeds, I have to say it's all worth it. You'll never feel so fulfilled having a child of your own to complete your family. Because the correct simile for me to use is really as happy as a parent.

Cheers!

No comments: