Thursday, March 8, 2012

Yes, finally I'm 30.


Yes, finally I'm 30.

I'm not given to birthday celebrations. In fact, my 21st birthday had no chalet, no nothing, just mos burger dinner with jc friends. Turning 30 is no different.

They say 30 is a big deal. If you watch "Friends", there was an episode where Rachel turned 30. She was miserable. When Joey turned 30, he cried out to God, "Why God! We had a deal, let the others grow old, not me!"

I guess to some, 30 was sort of a state of decline, you'll have more wrinkles, you're considered middle aged, sort of, and you'll be frowned upon should you fail to achieve certain achievements in life based on the world's expectation of you. "Wah, 30 and still not married?" "Wah, 30 and still no stable job?" etc.

To me, 30 is just a number.
It simply means I have to go make new IC. It means I have to get used to writing 3 as the first number when I'm filling in my age. It means 10 more years and i'm 40.

Many people peak way beyond their 30s. Kentucky founded his finger licking good chickens in his 60s if i'm not wrong.
A pastor in my church got married in her early 40's I think. It's our attitude towards our life.


Don't let your age determine your attitude. Let your attitude determine your age!


:)

No comments: