Friday, October 31, 2008

Tennis vs Badminton

After a long lull, I finally went back to play badminton with my colleagues. In the past, we met up every friday for a 2 hr game of badminton. Some of them are quite pro. Enjoyable fridays those were.

Played today, and every person that teamed with me lost! Haha... Anyways, haven't felt my forearm muscles in a long time. Right shoulder also ached.

Just some thoughts.

Along my way home, I passed by Yio Chu Kang Sports hall. As I was walking pass the tennis courts, I realised one thing. The people who played tennis were different from the people playing badminton. Generally speaking.

The people on the badminton courts were mainly IT professionals, like me, uncles and aunties , indian expatriates, occasionally a few gawky kids having some badminton lessons. They came in their whatever attire, shorts, polo shirts, singlets.

The people on the tennis courts were young, hip, and usually physically toned and well built. They sported trendy hairstyles. They come in their nike headbands and tennis attire. All dressed up and all.

Talk about the biggest tennis stars, Roger Federer, Raphael Nadal, Maria Sharapova.

Talk about the biggest badminton stars, hmmmmmm.

Even at home, my sister (who is cooler) has tennis lessons every weekend. I, on the other hand, badminton.

The in thing now is, tennis lessons. Ever heard of your friend saying, "eh, I'm going for my badminton lessons." Never.

But at the end of the day, I still like badminton more than tennis. People can play badminton till they're 40. Don't think you can play tennis properly at 40.

Maybe I'll wear a headband next friday. =>

No comments: