Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I got cheated...

Well... sort of.

I just came back from supper with some friends. I was walking around one of the coffeeshops, near Bugis area, deciding what to eat.

One of the stall owner aunties kept promoting her food, it was a zhi char stall. Pictures of fried cereal prawns, sweet and sour pork, etc were found plastered around the stall.

It sold my favorite sambal chicken "ding" fried rice, so I decided to give it a go. I didn't usually buy from this stall, but since the auntie was so persistent, I just went for it.

The plate came and I paid $5. After finishing half the fried rice, I realised the chicken "ding" tasted really unchicken-like. Almost tasted like old old meat. Or wait a minute...

I bit a piece of chicken in half, and to my surprise, the insides look kind of tao pok-ish. Something's not right here.

I looked at the stall again. To my horror, there it said, "XXX vegetarian food" in really small letters on the top of the signboard.

I just paid $5 for rice and tao pok. Man! I felt so dumb!

But Yuzhen said, oh, the other time, we ordered many dishes from the stall, "why all the food deep fried one ah?" and realised it was vegetarian too.

(Wow, this stall had many victims!)

I am a meat person, so I ordered chicken wings to supplement my supper. This time, I double checked the signboard to make sure.

Man!

No comments: